The Ark-La-Tex Association of Professional Landmen (ALTAPL) each year may choose to award one or more scholarships to one or more qualified applicants. The decision as to whether any scholarships will be awarded, the amount and number of any such scholarships, and the recipient or recipients of any such scholarships shall be at the sole discretion of the then-current Board of Directors of ALTAPL. ALTAPL shall be under no obligation whatsoever to award any scholarship in any given year. The amount and number of scholarships awarded, if any, may vary from year to year.
1. An applicant must be a member in good standing or the child of a member in good standing of ALTAPL.
2. An applicant must be currently enrolled full-time (minimum 12 hours) in either of the following oil and gas-related majors or fields of study: (1) Petroleum Land Management (2) Energy Management at one of the following colleges or universities or at any other accredited U. S. college or university which has been approved by ALTAPL:
(1) University of Louisiana at Lafayette
(2) University of Oklahoma
(3) Texas Tech University
3. An applicant must have obtained a minimum of 60 hours college credit.
4. An applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
5. An applicant must not have received a prior scholarship from ALTAPL.
PRIORITIES AND FACTORS
1. An applicant who is enrolled at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will be given priority.
2. All information supplied on the application form, and any other information deemed pertinent, will be evaluated in making any scholarship decisions. Need will be considered.
1. Fully completed application form.
2. Official college transcript.
3. Evidence of GPA if not reflected by transcript.
4. Proof of full-time enrollment in approved major or field of study at approved college or university.
5. Deadline: Application form, transcript, and evidence of GPA must be received by ALTAPL by January 1. Proof of enrollment must be received by ALTAPL by February 1.
1. Application form, transcript, and evidence of GPA must be received by ALTAPL by January 1. Proof of enrollment must be received by ALTAPL by February 1. The required materials should be mailed to ALTAPL at P. O. Box 1296, Shreveport, Louisiana 71163-1296.
2. The Board of Directors of ALTAPL shall decide the amount available, if any, for scholarships in any given year.
3. A committee consisting of five members of the Board of Directors of ALTAPL shall review all scholarship applications. An applicant or the parent or other relative of an applicant who is on the Board of Directors may not be a member of the committee and may not participate in any decisions regarding the scholarship program during the time the application relating to said party is pending.
4. At the committee’s discretion, an interview may be required with any applicant.
5. At the February Board meeting, the committee shall make recommendations to the Board of Directors as to whether to award any scholarships, the amount and number of any such scholarships, and the recipient or recipients of any such scholarships. The Board of Directors shall make the final decision as to whether to award any scholarships, the amount and number of any such scholarships, and the recipient or recipients of any such scholarships.
A scholarship from ALTAPL is not available to any party who has previously received a scholarship from ALTAPL.