ALTAPL Monthly Membership Meeting and Lunch
October 1, 2018; 11:30 AM
Petroleum Club - 15th Floor
Cost: $20 in person, $22.50 online
Speaker: Gifford Briggs
Reservations for lunch need to be made by NOON on THURSDAY before the meeting.
Please be prompt in your reservations.
You can now reserve and pay online by selecting the quantity (number attending) below, clicking "ADD TO CART", clicking the cart button that will appear in the top right of your screen, and then following the checkout prompts.
Cancellations must be made by 12 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the meeting in order to receive a refund for your paid reservation(s). Email your cancellation request to: the.ALTAPL@gmail.com
Or, if you prefer, you can reserve now and pay later.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
Gifford Briggs joined LOGA in 2007 working closely with the Louisiana Legislature. After nearly a decade serving as LOGA’s Vice-President, Gifford was named President in 2018.
Briggs first joined LOGA (formerly LIOGA) in 1994 while attending college at LSU. He served as the Membership Coordinator and helped organize many firsts for LOGA, including the first annual meeting, Gulf Coast Prospect & Shale Expo, and board meetings. He later moved to Atlanta to pursue a career in restaurant management. He returned to LOGA in 2007.
He is married to Jackie Wright, and the couple currently resides in Lafayette with their sons, Gifford Ashley Briggs, Jr and Maxwell Wright Briggs. and their daughter, Chloe Lane Briggs.
Industry Affiliations, Boards and Commissions
- Ground Water Management Advisory Task Force – Governor Appointee
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (LABI) – Energy Council, Tax Council, Small Business Council, Environmental Quality Council
- Association of Louisiana Lobbyists (ALL) – Member
- Council for a Better Louisiana (CABL)- Member
- The Bayou Church, Lafayette – Member
- Lafayette Charter Foundation – Founding Board Member, Secretary
- Leadership Lafayette – Class XXIII Graduate
- Leadership Lafayette – Program Committee Member
- Leadership Louisiana – Class 2015 Graduate
- Downtown Lafayette Unlimited – Past Board of Director
- American Heartwalk Leadership Team – Past Member
- the705 – Past Board of Director
- Top 20 Under 40 presented by the Daily Advertiser & the705
- Lafayette Education Foundation – King of ReProm