The Ark-La-Tex Association of Petroleum Landmen is one of the older land associations in continued existence in the country, being organized shortly after the formation of the Mississippi Landmen's Association in 1944. It owes its early creation to the fact that Jack W. Hamilton had been a charter member of the Mississippi group.
...An organizational meeting was arranged and on July 15, 1946, the Ark-La-Tex Landman's Association had its first meeting. Sixty-one landmen became charter members. The By-laws prepared by the organizational committee were read to them members and adopted. The association's headquarters was designated as Shreveport, Louisiana. The purpose was stated to be both educational and social.